October 13, 2004

How it All Began

So I suppose the best way to start off a blog about knitting is to tell the story of how I learned to knit.

I was planning a visit to Oklahoma in the summer of '03 to visit one of my dearest friends, Jasmine. While discussing what we could do to help pass the time I was going to spend down there, we decided to trade crafts, so to speak. She would teach me how to knit, a skill I had always longed to master, and I would teach her how to crochet. After a 14 hour drive from Chicago I arrived at her apartment. A few days into my visit we stopped by the craft store and I picked out some nice yarn to make myself a scarf. I sat down with Jasmine and took to the craft like a fish to water. Perhaps because I had wanted to learn for so long, I just took to it. Once I started I couldn't stop. I spent my evenings knitting while we talked, and when I returned to Chicago it was with a basket of knitting. The rest, as they say, is history.

No comments: