July 28, 2005

Psychedelic Squares

So while I was wandering the net, reading other blogs I found a post about someone who was stitching her psychedelic squares together. The name caught my interest, so I went looking for the patter. It's pretty cool actually. The pattern can be found here: Psychedelic Squares Afghan.

I'd also found this great yarn at the store. Caron Simply Soft Brites! They're in these great, obnoxiously bright colors. And that's perfect for a psychedelic blanket. I bought blue mint, mango, limelight, iris, and rubine red. I'll pick up a few other colors in a week or so. Maybe if I get my new job I'll buy them to celebrate.

I used the pattern instructions for the smaller squares, where you only cast on 48 stitches and start on row 17. As you can see from the picture, I have three done and I only started this afternoon, and didn't work that long at all. It's fast, easy and, because of the color changes every 4 rows, keeps me interested.

Here's a picture I snapped of the yarn and the 3 pieces that I did today.

No comments: