Bet THAT title got your attention. :~)
What I meant to say is that I’m a total whore. For sales and clearance. Allow me to give you an example:
Saturday – I ventured out to my favorite yarn store, Mosaic Yarn Studio, and happily spent about an hour perusing the different yarns. I actually had an agenda for my shopping, I needed some fingering weight wool and size 3 circular needles for the We Call Them Pirates hat, some wool for a felted bag and a pattern for sport weight socks, all holiday gifts. While chatting with one of the employees I mentioned a very lovely knit scarf I’d seen on display a few weeks prior and asked if it had come from the new special Holiday issue of Interweave Knits. With the best of service she dashed off to find the scarf and grabbed the summer issue of Interweave Knits that it came from.
Her: Here it is, page XX. You know this magazine just went on clearance for a dollar.
Me: *blink blink* Clearance? A dollar? *pulse rate rises, palms get sweaty*
Her: Yeah, we actually have a whole bin of magazines for a dollar or 50 cents.
Me: *Lets out Xena battle cry and knocks over poor employee and several displays of yarn in rush to get at clearance*
So 20 minutes later I had, in my possession, 12 new (new to me anyways) magazines. 4 Interweave Knits, 2 k.1, 2 Rebecca, 1 Knit Simple, 1 Vogue Knitting and 2 Knit Scene. Aside from the Knit Simple I found at least 2 patterns in each magazine that I wanted to make. I paid $9.50 for the lot. Then I did the Happy Kelly Dance™
Now for something completely different!
48 Things You Could Care Less About Me
1. FIRST NAME? Kelly
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Not that I know of. It just went with the “K” theme my parents went for.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Yesterday, migraine, really bad one.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yeah, it’s messy but it’s mine!
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? My bologna has a first name! It’s O-S-C-A-R!
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Probably not…
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Oh yeah, I have tons of journals. Now whether or not I write in them… that’s another story.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yep.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Maybe. If it was a spur of the moment thing. But not if I had enough to time sit and think.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Applejacks
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Nope. I tied them the day I bought them and I haven’t had to do it since.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Pretty strong.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Lately it’s been strawberry.
14. SHOE SIZE? 8
15. RED OR PINK? Red! Pink is evil!
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Umm… my fondness for pasta?
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Steve Irwin. I cried when I heard he died, I cried through all of the memorial services and I get sniffly during his show too.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Nope. But if you put it up on your blog leave a comment so I can come check it out.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Black pants, black shoes, black socks, black sweater and blue shirt. Yup… I’m all about the color…
20. LAST THING YOU ATE? Small box of Nerds. (You are what you eat!)
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Mozart for Monday Mornings, Symphony #4
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Kelly Green – Duh!
23. FAVORITE SMELL? Lilacs, baby powder, rain
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Overstressed construction worker. (I am a receptionist, ya know)
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? From the front? The eyes. From the rear. The rear.
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON YOU STOLE THIS FROM? I’ve never met her. Just kinda happened across her blog through random clickage.
27. FAVORITE DRINK? At the moment A&W Rootbeer
28. FAVORITE SPORT? HOCKEY!!!!!!!
29. EYE COLOR? Blue/Grey
30. HAT SIZE? Umm… head size?
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Yup, otherwise I’m blind.
32. FAVORITE FOOD? Mashed potatoes. I will never turn down a bowl of homemade mashed potatoes. Or instant potatoes, for that matter…
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Scary movie! Where the bad guy wins! Those are the best!
34. IF YOU COULD LIVE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHERE WOULD THAT BE? Australia
35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Autumn.
36. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs. I try not to go around slipping people the tongue all day.
37. FAVORITE DESSERT? Pound cake with fresh raspberries and strawberries and just a dollop of whipped cream. *drool*
38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Umm… no one?
39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Umm… President Bush?
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Dracula – Bram Stoker
41. WHAT’S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Fishies
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? TV? It’s No TV November!
43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Wind in the trees, ocean, thunderstorms
44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Beatles.
45. THE FURTHEST YOU’VE BEEN FROM HOME? Las Vegas.
46. WHAT’S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? I can sing Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes in 3 languages, English, French and Japanese.
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Illinois
48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Nobody, I stole it. Bad, naughty Kelly.