March 05, 2007

All Hockey!! All The Time!!

This Saturday was my father's birthday, so I arranged for a little public humiliation at the hockey game...


Monday night was the Season Ticket Holder Autograph Party. I got to meet my two favorite players!!!
Boris Valabik and his fists of fury. No I was not sitting down at the time and no he wasn't standing on a chair. He's just ginormous. (God I have a fat face!!)

Freddie Brathwaite, the goalie who dreams of becoming, of all things, a weather man...

If I look like I was blushing in that first picture it's not just because I was hugging one my favorite players. Just before I entered the room my dad came up and gave me this...
A personalized autograph from Freddie that says "To Kelly, How is the weather?" This was before I had a chance to meet him and, in typical Kelly fashion, I got excited and yelled to my dad "You're the best Daddy EVER!" Right in front of, oh, 7 or 8 of the players I was about to meet. They laughed, I blushed, then laughed, then felt dumb all night long. Well, it's not like I didn't humiliate myself last year around the team...

Skates was there, being his usual cute self...


This picture made Kari's year.
Later on she gave him a kiss and he got all shy and hid his face and I thought she was going to just cry she was so happy. She absolutely LOVES Skates.

Of course I had to get in on the Skates action. He's too cute to resist.

The party was held at Gameworks, which is a huge arcade. Here's Daddy playing a racing game against 6 other people. I think he came in 2nd. (Don't I look just like him?)

5 comments:

Diane said...

Love the pics. Boris is HUGE!!!! Fat face? No I don't think so. Just fat because of that ginormous smile plastered on it.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome Birthday Party! LOVE the public humiliation. Your Sister and Skates are just too cute! He has lovely green eyes, is he single?

Chris said...

You obviously had a blast!

Karen said...

What a fun night! Love the pics. A goalie who wants to be a weather man! Boris is HUGE!

Peevish said...

Huuge fun! Can't wait to see this hockey game with you!