March 02, 2007

Ketchup Catch Up

I thought I’d do a little book review catch up, since I’ve fallen terribly behind:

The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes – 173pgs

I love Sherlock in this series. Meant to be his last, you see him at his absolute best. I cried at the end of The Final Problem. In fact, I had PMS so I bawled when my poor Sherlock went over the falls with the evil Moriarty. (I’m not giving the plot away, the chapter starts with Watson saying “It is with a heavy heart that I take up my pen to write these the last words in which I shall ever record the singular gifts by which my friend Mr. Sherlock Holmes was distinguished.”)

Jurassic Park – 399pgs

Quite possibly one of my favorite books, I read it every 3 months or so. While on vacation I went to Universal Studios and finally got to go on the Jurassic Park ride. It only figured that when I got home I would read this book immediately. It never disappoints.

The Return of Sherlock Holmes - ??pgs

Conan Doyle wrote these under public pressure for more stories and it’s rather obvious. They lack the subtle mystery of the earlier works, the many layers of intrigue. Where most of the other stories were about subtle plots, the majority of these seem to be about violence and murder.

Strange but True Hockey Stories – 126pgs

A fun book I found a few days ago at a used book store. It’s really old, has that great old book smell, and the stories are absolutely hilarious. A great book for hockey fans or trivia fans!



Well... that's all the catch up!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Next up - The Beekeeper's Apprentice? :)

Anonymous said...

I think I cried over Sherlock too. I can't remember. OH did I tell you I finished Alice a couple weeks ago. It was a quick read, but it was a great one. I am finishing up through the looking glass now too.

Soo? What yarn are you thinking for Rogue?