December 16, 2007

Finding Good in the Bad

I'm so done with cleaning for a while. I've been at it all day, getting things arranged for the new comer. I cleaned out a shelf in the pantry (I'm sure Ly will bitch at me about taking away one of her shelves, but I manage with 1, so can she) cleaned out a cabinet for dishes and plates and stuff, disassembled the bed, dragged it into the other bedroom (It was in the living room. D and I loved it. We could cuddle and watch movies.) reassembled it and found that there wasn't enough room for it. So now it's set diagonally, blocking everything until the two can fight out the room set-up. We'll pass inspection, that's all I care about.

Admittedly, I sort of usurped the extra desk in the apartment.
Hey, I just realized that this picture doesn't show the other desk at all. Well... imagine a desk with crap piled all over it. Yup, that's what it looked like.

So I had to clean it off and in the process, I had to find a place for all the crap. And I figured since I was doing that, I might as well clean off my own messy desk.

While searching for storage solutions I found these great wooden shelves for $15 each. So I put them together and realized that the bottom section was too small to really store books, which is why I needed them in the first place. But then I had a great idea.
It's like having a little LYS right in my own dorm! WIPs on the top, Koigu next, then Misc Yarn, then Lace Weight! It makes me happy.

I also emptied out my backpack and arranged my files.
In those folders is every paper I've written in college thus far. I read some of the oldest ones, holy crap have I improved, writing wise!

Tomorrow I'll be at Textbook Services. My Victorian Novel teacher has requested that we all pick up the books early and try to read as many of them as we can. Which doesn't really make sense to me, as usually they want you to wait so that you can have fresh perspectives. D's had her before and has nothing good to say about her as a teacher. It'll be interesting, we're both in the class. Gothic Fiction too. Lets hope we stay together or those classes will be AWKWARD.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Wow, talk about a productive day! I'm impressed. And having a college flashback. ;)

Diane said...

Wow! Looks great. Can't wait to see how Ly gets along with a new roommate.

mrspao said...

I haven't even begun to think about reading for next term yet - just concentrating on finishing up this course :)

You've done an amazing job on your room - can you come and do mine now?