February 16, 2009

Awww!

Dan and I were both sick over Valentine's day, so we were unable to spend any time together this past weekend. So we spent the weekend talking via IM, poor Dan had no voice, and picking on each other.

I teased him about faking sick to get out of Valentine's day and being 0% romantic. Little did I know!

I walked out of class today and was actually on the phone with Dan, heading towards my car, when I saw him standing at my car, with a dozen roses and his traditional gift, a jar of pickles*.

I was very excited, not only because I hadn't seen him in over a week, but also because these were my first ever Valentine's roses. It was the sweetest surprise ever, and boy did I feel like an ass for teasing him about being so unromantic!

*Pickles became a traditional gift when he gave me a jar for our first Valentine's day together, as he views purchasing and handling pickles as the greatest display of love that he can imagine, since he abhors them with a passion and cannot be near me when I eat them.

4 comments:

Joshua said...

aww

Lady Euphoria Deathwatch said...

Hi Knit Wit,

Love in a pickle jar. Those things are the true measure of a good relationship.

Thank you for sharing.

Hugs, Euphoria

mrspao said...

Awwwwww

Your word verification word is cough!!

KnittyLynn said...

That is adorable! I love the pickle thing!