November 09, 2004

Time Groweth Short

The holidays are fast approaching. Days are ticking away quickly and the Wal-Mart by my house has THE most obnoxious sign right in the door as you walk inside. "Only 6 more Saturdays until X-Mas!" Who needs that kind of pressure?

I haven't finished a single knitting gift project since that scarf for my brother. In truth, I haven't really been pushing myself too hard to work on anything. Yes, I've managed to finish 8 blocks of my dad's blanket, but I still have 12 to go. And each block can take over an hour to do. What I need to do is isolate myself for a day or two and just work on it. But I've managed to get more hours at work, so I can't go requesting days off now.

The truth of the matter is that I haven't been feeling very well. Tomorrow is my birthday and I always tend to get rather bummed out around that time. Don't ask me why, I don't know.

I only have half of one slipper done for my brother. Not even half, more like 3 inches. And half of his grey scarf. I need to knit a pillow for my sister, a scarf for Anna, oh I found the most beautiful yarn for that, a shawl for my cousin, and a million other projects that I can't even remember right now.

See, my problem is that I keep going to the knitting store, buying yarn and starting a project, then I don't finish it. I have yarn for a scarf for me, a half-knit felted bag for myself, a sweater started... the list goes on. What I need to do is discipline myself, finish each project in turn before working on the next. Hmm... maybe that's what I need, a working plan.

Project List:

1. Finish first slipper
2. Finish Dad's blanket
3. Second slipper
4. Grey scarf
5. Anna's scarf
6. Anna's felted patchwork bag
7. Kari's scary pillow (Just wait until I post a picture of this thing. She picked out the UGLIEST yarn for this pillow.)

I guess I should stop writing and start working. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anna-juniorknitwit said...

*scowls*

You better not be stressing out about my Christmas gift when you have extra hours at work and schoolwork to do, young lady...

Understand!?

OK, that being said, I love all the projects you've done so far, they look great!

Good luck, hun!

Anna