January 17, 2005

The Calm After the Storm

The holidays are FINALLY OVER! I think that's why everyone parties so hard on New Years eve. We all know that there is a full year before we need to start worrying about the holidays again.

I'm fairly certain that I won't ever be making everyone handmade gifts again. It was a horrible experience, way too stressful. There was so much pressure to get everything done on time and so much stuff ended up getting changed and simplified.

But now that things have settled down, I'm actually enjoying knitting again. I made the Simple Cable hat out of Stitch and Bitch Nation and have started another blanket, this one for myself. It's turning out really well and I love the colors I chose. Dark purple, green and blue. With a lacey fan pattern that gives the blanket a gentle wave.

On an entirely unrelated note... everyone who reads this has to go see Phantom of the Opera in the theater. It is, without a doubt, the most amazing and wonderful movie that I've seen in a long while. And the man who plays the Phantom... yummy. Go see it. Again and again and again.

So now that the holidays are over its back to school and work. My last semester at community college! Soon I'll be transferring to a state university and starting my bachelor's degree. Once that's done it's only a matter of time until I'm Dr. Kelly, professor of Victorian Literature. The thought makes me all happy and wiggly. But now it's time to sleep, classes start tomorrow!

No comments: