August 20, 2005

Witty Bitty Baby Booties

Witty Bitty Baby Booties Pattern Below!


It's a girl!! Yes, my friend Casey has found out that she is having a little pink bundle of joy. And to celebrate the finding out, I knit her her first pair of baby booties. Just started knitting and ended up with them. I know they look really blue in the picture, but they're purple. Trust me. So here's the pattern, enjoy!

Supplies:
Size 7 needles
Worsted Weight Yarn (I used Caron Simply Brites! in Iris and Limeade)

With Iris CO 30 stitches
Work in Stockinette Stitch for 7 rows.
Row 8 & 9 BO 7 sts at the beginning of the row.
Switch to Limeade.
Work remaining stitches in a K1P1 rib for 1 inch. BO in pattern.

Seam edges together so that the bumpy side is out, the smooth side in. That way it'll be soft on little baby feeties.

It took me about an hour to make a pair and seam them up completely.

And the mail just came and can I just say WOW! Holly, you're my new bestest friend!

Holly, of Woolly Mutts had a contest to name her new little fishy friends. I think I submitted something like... 10 names maybe? Just had a good time with it. None of my names were chosen by her Amazing Husband, as she calls him, but I did win the Owners Choice for Most Creative Fish Name for Midas (The fish only had a little touch of gold. Get it? Get it?) And she promised me a little gift. I'm stunned and delighted by what came in the magic little package.



I love Noro and look! Look! My first ever set of non-plastic stitch markers! Neither of the pictures do the yarn or the markers justice. They're beautiful colors and so me! Greens, Blues, Purples and Grays. So perfect.

Holly.... you're the best!

No comments: