September 19, 2005

It's Back!!

Yes, the knitting muse has paid me a visit and once again my sticks are smoking from the friction with the yarn.

This weekend I spent some time with my grandparents, I'm really close to them and I love to just disappear at their place for a weekend, it's a great time.

So while I was there I seemed to have reconnected with the knitting spirit. I finished another charity square and I made two scarves. One for someone who shall remain nameless because she reads this blog, and one for a woman at my work.

When she found out that I knit, the woman told me about how her daughter had bought some yarn for another friend to knit her a scarf but then it had never happened, ect. So she asked me if I could make it for the girl. I was more than happy to, it was the frilly feather yarn, so I knew it would be fast and quick. And it was. I finished it in one sitting and she was utterly delighted with it. Tomorrow I'll find out if her daughter liked it as much. I snapped a picture of it before I took it to work, so I'll post that eventually.

2 comments:

Holly said...

WooHoo! The return of the muse! Aren't grandparents the best? Mine passed while I was young, but I still have these warm memories of being with them and being loved. Going to Renegade this weekend? It's in Wicker Park in Chicago.

Just A Knit Wit said...

And after looking up what Renegade is, heck yeah I'll be there. I'll have to go Saturday, Sunday is my bother's wedding shower.