October 26, 2005

So yeah...

Saturday:
*Driving along in my car with Anna. Go to stop at a light and brakes hiccup.*
Me: Woah, that was weird
Anna: Yeah...
Me: Oh well...
Monday:
*Driving to work, brakes making strange sound, like two smooth stones rubbing against eachother*
Me: Oh no, I just got these brakes fixed three months ago! Maybe it's just the cold weather...
Tuesday:
*Driving to work*
Me: Man that noise is annoying, at least it only happens when I put on the brakes
Fate: *cackles madly*
*Stop at a light, go to start up again, sound doesn't go away, continues to grind as I drive*
*Later in the day*
Man at work: So how's your car doing?
Me: Good, good. My brakes are a little funny, but I'll take it in Thursday, before the wedding rehersal... it can make it a few more days
Fate: *cackles madly again*
Both of us: Did you hear that? *Looks around for signs of the strange laughter, then shrug it off and move onto the subject of the Sox*
Wednesday:
*Driving to work, noise driving me insane, call dad*
Me: Hey dad, my car's making weird noise...
Dad: Like what?
Me: Sort of a grinding or..
Dad: Stop the car right now. Take it in, your brakes are totally screwed up. Just go right now. You can't keep driving, you'll have an accident.
Me: Ok... ok I'll take it in.
*Call in to work, drive the car to the shop, hand over key, wait for offer of ride home. None comes. Walk home*

So yeah... that was my morning. Car dies, again... dad says I need to start saving to buy a new one. So much for saving for college....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi The Knit Wit. Thanks for this blog you have. I've been doing some research
today on christmas dog gift and came across your site. I'm pretty impressed with your
amount of knowledge on christmas dog gift and the great content you have here.
I am sure you are helping a lot of people. Thanks for the info and have a great day!

Holly said...

Cars!!!!@#$%^&* All I can say is I feel your pain. Glad you didn't get in accident.