October 21, 2005

Christmas Knitting

Now it's true, I'm not really a huge fan of knitting gifts for the holidays, mainly because it seems like they're so easily brushed aside in the hustle and bustle of giving and getting. But the newest issue of Easy Knitting came out and inside the pages was an advertisement from Knit Picks for a wonderful shawl. I stared at it for a long while before deciding that my interest was peaked and I ordered the pattern along with the yarn it calls for. But of course I couldn't stop there, I also bought 3 hanks of lace weight yarn and 2 skeins of Sock Garden to make fingerless gloves.

But back to holiday knitting...

I'm going to make the shawl for my mother for the holidays. Hopefully. I mean... it's knit on size 3 needles, so I need to go out and buy a circular needle in that size. It'll be a challenge, but I need something to keep my hands busy during my lunch breaks.

I'm pondering a few other projects, small ones, but we'll see what happens as November comes to a close.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi The Knit Wit. Thanks for this blog you have. I've been doing some research
today on dog scarf and came across your site. I'm pretty impressed with your
amount of knowledge on dog scarf and the great content you have here.
I am sure you are helping a lot of people. Thanks for the info and have a great day!