November 16, 2005

UGH!!!

You know.. I was really cheesed off today. (I do not know where this expression came from. It just popped into my head one day, I don't know if I heard it or if my odd little brain invented it. Anyways, it means to be pissed off)

So I took my lunch break at work and drove to a yarn store not too far away. It was... a horrible disappointment.

I walked inside and the first thing I noticed was that not one of the three employees working could be bothered with greeting me. There were two ladies, I'm assuming at a class, sitting at a table talking. One employee was switching between watching them and fondling the yarn. Two others were at the checkout counter, discussing a pattern between themselves.

Now I should have been forewarned when another customer suddenly yelled "I don't have time for this!" and stormed out of the store. But I ignored it and continued to shop.

The store itself was badly set up. The yarn was crammed, and I do mean crammed, into little nooks and cubbyholes and if you pulled out one skein to look at it four others fell onto the floor. On top of that, there were big signs everywhere saying to ask for assistance with the majority of the yarns, which made me feel like I wasn't allowed to touch anything.

I finally found something I liked and headed up to the counter where the two employees were standing, talking. And I waited. And I waited. And then I waited some more. The two women kept talking like I just didn't exsist. And I know for a fact that I did exsist because one of the other customers said hello to me.

Now my lunch is only so long and I stood there for a good ten minutes before setting the yarn down on the counter and walking out. I was really annoyed. I hate it when I go into a store and I'm treated like less than worthy of the clerks time.

Needless to say, I won't be shopping at that store again.

Which store was it, you ask?

Three Bags Full in Northbrook

1 comment:

Holly said...

Sorry that visit was so disappointing, but way to call them on it. Now we need to forward this post to them...not that it would make much difference, but bad customer service is death to a store. I've heard Northbrook is a little snotty, but I hate to generalize.