December 11, 2006

Trans-Siberian Orchestra and Other Such Nonsense

Ok, the concert was UH-MAY-ZING! I was completely blown away.

The first 45 minutes wasn’t quite my style. It was Christmas music, which I was expecting, but it was all religious Christmas music and I’m not really a religious sort. It was very beautiful though. After that part of the show was over they started playing just random songs.

The band (orchestra?) had great stage presence. The only thing I didn’t like what that they would stop playing in the middle of a song and just stand there until we cheered loud enough to suit them. It took the ego trip just a bit too far in my opinion.

There were lasers and lights the whole time, in sync with the music, and some very cool pyrotechnics at the end of the show with fireworks and multi-colored flames.

They ended with Beethoven’s 5th and let me tell you, if you haven’t heard that done with a rock and roll twist, you just haven’t heard it.

Has everyone seen this Re-Cut trailer for Mary Poppins? It’s funny as all heck!

I did no knitting. I need to do some knitting. I need to finish my holiday projects before I go insane. And I want to finish my Santa hat by Friday so I can wear it to the company party. But knitpicks hasn’t delivered my 10.5 DPNs yet.

Can I have another weekend?

1 comment:

Chris said...

Wow, sounds like an amazing show! I used to be able to play the rock'n'roll version of the 5th on the piano - I think it's called A Fifth of Beethoven. It IS fun.