May 16, 2007

Acceptance, Denial and Antici……pation

I’ve accepted a few things over the past week:

1. My body hates me. As is obvious by the sinus infection, monthly ick, cold sore (on the underside of my tongue, OW!), migraines and nightmares I’ve been having.

2. I will never be able to breathe out of both nostrils, taste, smell or go more than 2 minutes without blowing my nose again.

3. I’m not going to be able to knit for myself for the rest of the month and possibly all of June as well. Between the sock swap I’m on (1 nearly finished!), the sock kit swap I’m on where I have to knit a bag for the goodies, a request for a felted candy dish from a guy at work and the newly adopted baby girl of another co-worker just begging for hats and booties and other cute things, my poor shawl and my Jaywalkers are being completely ignored.

4. Claritin D makes Kelly a WACKY kinda gal. I’ve been zoning off at random times, often while people are talking to me. And while running into the store (for more tissues) a jerk revved his engine, making myself and a woman near by jump as he screeched off. I informed this woman “He can drive that way cause he’s got a BIIIIIIIIIIIG penis!”

I’ve been in denial about a few things too:

1. I’m not really sick. (I’ve moved past denial to acceptance and will be going to the doctor tomorrow)

2. I don’t need to do laundry, clean my room, do anything productive. The magic cleaning fairy will do it for me. (I’m working on getting past this one. In the mean time… has anyone seen my floor?)

And then there’s the anticipation:

1. Lion King in 1 week!!!

2. Pirates 3 is out in 10 days!

3. Potter movie 5 is out in 57 days!

4. Potter book 7 is out in 65 days!

5. School starts in 98 days!!

I have a FO and pictures for you. I’ll try to get them uploaded tonight. I’ll even take a pic of my shoe collection, since everyone seemed to horrified by it. Yes, there really is only 3 pairs.

3 comments:

Olga said...

Hey, two Memes in two days!
Like all crappy things,people and or gas, this too shall pass.

Chris said...

Ugh! I'm glad to hear you're going to the doctor. Probably if you had more shoes, you wouldn't be sick. ;)

mrspao said...

I hope he/she works out what is wrong with you. Maybe you need to beat up the temp a bit?