June 28, 2005

Shawls and Scarves and Sunburn, oh my!

The shawl is coming along, slowly but surely. Only 7 repeats left! I'm so excited to be finished, to wash and block and finally wrap my beautiful shawl around my shoulders and see the completed fruit of my many labors.

The Slytherin scarf is looking great, though my Junior Knit Wit has WAY more of her Gryffindor scarf done than I have of mine. But we Slytherins take our time. And hers looks fabulous, she's really coming along in her knitting. I will admit, it's a touch strange to be working on two projects that I won't be able to use, not really, until many months from now.

I went sunbathing yesterday at the pool by my house. I'm usually the color of... well... fresh cream, so the 2pm sun did a number on my skin. I'm all sorts of browns, beiges and pinks. Of course it won't last. The color will fade before August unless I go sit out in the sun every day, and even then it'll only last until maybe October. My skin doesn't hold a tan. I burn, I peel and I go chalk white again.

Now that my two projects are coming to a close I'm starting to compile a list of other projects that I want to do next.

1. Fingerless Gloves
2. Simple Winter Hat
3. Corner to Corner Baby Blanket
4. Kirk's Beanie
5. Cinderella and Snow White carry bags
6. Skull Felted Tote
7. Victorian Wool Peddler Shawl

No comments: