July 06, 2005

The beginning of the blanket

Last night I began working on Casey's baby blanket. I'm actually quite happy with what it's looking like. Like I said in a previous post, I'm using the corner to corner pattern from Knit Baby Blankets! I had to change it a little to suit my yarn, I'm working holding 2 strands of yarn together, Red Heart Soft Baby in varigated blue, white, yellow and green, and Red Heart Soft Baby in green. The effect is a pretty cool citrus colored blanket.


I've also decided that I hate casting on. Which is probably why I'm so slow about starting new projects. Case in point... I began my brother's hat today. 106 stitches needed to be cast on. It only took me 4 tries. I never leave a long enough tail (I use the 2 strand cast on method) and I always have to start over. Now that the hat has been started it's growing very nicely. Even though I had to work today I still managed to get about 2 inches done on it. I'm thinking that just maybe I might be able to finish it in the next few days. But we'll have to see.

No comments: