August 08, 2005

I'm Doing It!

So if you read my last post you saw my comment in () about my being afraid to knit a sweater. I think my mom saw it too because what does she want for her birthday? A handmade sweater.

So I bought the latest issue of Vogue Knitting, because they have a "Very Easy, Very Vogue" pattern for a cardigan that I like. So I started it. And I'm more than halfway done with the back. I started it yesterday so, all things considered, I think I'm doing pretty good. I'm using Lion Brand Wool Ease in wheat. So far it's looking good. But I'm getting close to the raglan sleeve decreases and I've never done anything like that before so we'll have to see how it goes. But I'm confident.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Don't worry, you can do it! Just take it one instruction at a time and you'll be great. I have a tendancy to make all my sleeves WAY to long, so measure (which I never do) and save yourself some grief.
Chicago? You're close!