So I'm trying to find ways to help get rid of the knitter's block and I think that I'm going to steal an idea from Holly's blog and make a list. Because they're fun to change.
- I've been pondering the 2 shawls that I own and I've decided I need another. A simple triangle one. And I found this beautiful yarn tonight at the store when I ran out (In my PJs...for plugs. Lady plugs). Yes, it's only homespun, yes, it's *gasp!* acrylic, but the color scheme is exactly what I've been wanting in a shawl. Earthy, woodsy colors. So that's one for the list.
- I went to a knitting store today that I've never been to and I was chatting with the wonderfully sweet woman working there, discussing my knitter's block actually, and she suggested I break myself into sweaters by making a baby sweater. So I bought some yarn to make one of those, in a pretty pink. She even gave me the pattern free. Yay!
- Also at the store today I picked up a skein of Lamb's Pride wool to make a pair of charity mittens for a local women's shelter.
- I need to finish the corner to corner baby blanket, I've actually started the decreases so... yay!
- I've got a super skinny scarf on the needles right now, I need to finish that up before I start the baby sweater, because I need those needles. (I will not buy more needles. I will not buy more needles. I will not buy more needles...)
So now that I've done a little brainstorming, lets recap...
- Skinny scarf
- Triangle shawl
- Corner to corner baby blanket
- Baby sweater
- Xmas scarves (for so many people I won't even start to list them...)
- Mom's sweater (Once I find a pattern I like)
Knitter's block... yeah... I think maybe I'm just lazy. Hehe.