January 08, 2006

Secret Pal 7 Questionnaire

Dear Secret Pal,

I do hope you find the following information enlightening. Enjoy!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?

~
I don't consider myself a yarn snob. I do like Lion Brand, but really only in the Wool ease and Magic Stripes. I reserve Red Heart for afghans or unfelted bags. I do enjoy using Red Heart baby yarn for garments for babys, because it is so wonderfully soft.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

~
I don't spin and I crochet maybe once every 6 months or so. For about a day. Then I go back to my knitting.

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

~
I store my needles, and really all my knitting supplies, inside a small 3 drawer plastic container that I got from Wal-Mart for maybe $5. My circular needles are kept inside the Denise case they came in.

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

~
I would consider myself to be an intermediate knitting. I've been knitting for 3 years and so far I've taught myself quite a few things from books and whatnot.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

~
Alas, no.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

~
Rain, lavender, no rose or fruit scents.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

~
I do have a sweet tooth. A big one. Mostly chewy stuff. I like sour patch watermelons and swedish fish best.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

~
I do needle points on occasion and I like to draw, just black and white sketches really. Mostly sketches of cemeteries.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

~
I listen to classical music, celtic music and broadway. I'm not really into modern music. Yes, my computer can play MP3s

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

~
Green is my favorite color. But I also enjoy blues and earthtones. Pink is evil. Pure evil.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

~
I'm single, with 4 very spoiled goldfish.

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

~
I love scarves, I almost always have a hat on, not too big on mitterns and I don't own a single poncho. They make me look fat.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

~
I love to work with wool. I love the scent, the feel of it, the look of it, the texture. I've only used alpaca once, and it was like a religious experience for me. It was wonderful.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

~
I can't stand boucle yarn. Or chunky yarn. Chunky yarn on chunky person = BAD

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

~
Socks and cables.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

~
Hats. So easy, so fun, so versitile and just a few simple color changes can make it look so very complicated.

17. What are you knitting right now?

~
A pair of socks for my sister, a Wolves hockey team colors hat, and I'm about to start a blue toned felted bag. Plus 2 secret projects for my monthly novel/project pairing.

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

~
I love to receive handmade gifts. There is no greater gift than to receive something that someone spent hours of their life making, just for me.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

~
Circular for anthing except scarves. Then I'll use straight, but they have to be 9" shorts.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

~
Bamboo is fantasically fabulistic.

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

~
No *sniff sniff*

22. How did you learn to knit?

~
As I tell everyone in my family when they sigh at me for buying more yarn... blame Jasmine. Jasmine is a lovely woman I met online. We ended up becoming great friends and one year when I drove down to visit her she taught me how to knit. It's all her fault! She started the addiction.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

~
Hmm... I don't know. I'd say probably 6 months old. A spiral scarf from Scarf Style.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

~
I don't really have a favorite animated character. Well I guess Alice from Alice in Wonderland, since I adore the story, movie and book. My favorite animals are snakes, sharks, crocs and gators. I think they're beautiful.

25. What is your favorite holiday?

~
Halloween. Hands down.

26. Is there anything that you collect?

~
Gargoyles and ghost stories.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

~
None. I don't find the knitting magazines to really be worth the price they're charging.

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?

~
I've always wanted to try the sock knitting loop technique with Addi Turbos, but I can never quite bring myself to buy them. I'd also love to get the pattern for the Sweet Mary Janes.

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

~
The single circular needle sock knitting technique.

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

~
I'm a very beginner sock knitter. I wear a women's size 8.

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

~
November 10th. Yay Scorpios!

That's about it! I certainly hope that this helps you out.

No comments: