January 03, 2007

Like A Fish-Slap in the Face

It kinda hit me full force today. I was on the phone with a manager at a book store, telling about the abysmal service I’d received the night before and I started in on my usual “Look, I know I may be kinda young but…” Except that I didn’t say it. My brain reminded me of something that I don’t think I’ve really taken into consideration.

I’m 24 years old.

I’m not young* anymore. I’m an adult.

Shit… when did THIS happen?


*When I say young, I mean young as in still with an aura of childhood around them, not fully worthy of adult-level respect or consideration.

2 comments:

Peevish said...

Hey, just because you're an adult DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO BE A GROWN-UP!!

Diane said...

Growing up happens to the best of them. The odd thing is that your body is a certain age but your mind still thinks it's 20. I thought it was just me but me neighbor up the street just turned 80 last week and she said the same thing.

Wear your pirate hat and rage against all things adult!

P.S. Drop me an email (my address is on my blog) and I'll send you out the patterns.